Did you know you can export your LinkedIn contacts into your Address Book?
- Login to LinkedIn.com
- Visit http://www.linkedin.com/addressBookExport
- Enter the CAPTCHA security image text
- Save the .csv or .vcf file to your computer
- And follow these instructions (provided on LinkedIn’s Export page) to import into your Address Book program:
Instructions for importing the newly exported file to:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, XP, or 2003
- From the File menu, select “Import and Export”
- Select “Import from another program or file” and click “Next”
- Select “Comma Separated Values (Windows)” and click “Next”
- Enter the location and name of the .csv file you wish to import, or use the “Browse” button to select the file to import
- Select “Do not import duplicate items” (or one of the other options) and click “Next”
- Select the “Contacts” folder and click “Next”
- Make sure to check the box next to the file you wish to import, and then click “Finish” to import.
- Outlook Express
- Open Microsoft Outlook Express
- Select “Import” from the File menu
- Then select “Other Address Book”
- Select the file type “Text File (Comma Separated Values)”
- Click “Import”
- Enter the location and name of the .csv file you exported or use the “Browse” button to find the file and click “Next”
- Check the fields you wish to import to Outlook Express. Or, click “Change Mapping…” to modify where to store your connections’ data
- Click “Finish” to import
- Yahoo! Mail
- Go to your Yahoo! Address Book and make sure that you are signed into your account
- Click “Options” on the right of the Address Book page
- Click “Import/Export”
- In the Import section, select “Yahoo! (.csv file)”
- Enter the path and name of the .csv file you exported from LinkedIn, or click the “Browse” button to find the file on your system
- Click the “Import Now” button
- Mac OS X Address Book
- Depending on your browser, a file named “linkedin_address_book.vcf” will be downloaded to your default download location.
- Open Address Book
- Drag the file you exported from LinkedIn into the main window, which will import the filePlease note: Some non-ASCII characters may not be supported in the .csv or vCard format. As a result languages such as Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, etc are not supported.
FYI: You can also import into LinkedIn if you want: https://www.linkedin.com/fetch/importAndInvite
Maximize your LinkedIn experience with 9 more LinkedIn Tools!
And take a minute to browse the LinkedIn Company Directory too.